A complete hydraulic steering package with all hardware, oil, cylinder, helm and 1500 PSI hoses!
This is a high-performance steering system rated for up to 300 HP and 70 MPH and faster hulls.
The proper steering system is a critical factor in achieving optimal boat handling and safe operation. The combination of engine horsepower, propeller torque, hull design and boat speed applies different loads on the steering system. As the resulting steering forces vary considerably from boat to boat and motor to motor, maximum care must be taken to ensure the steering system is the proper one for your application.
- Steering forces increase remarkably when the speed and horsepower of the boat increase, the torque of large outboard engines may cause a boat to turn sharply from a straight heading or make it difficult to bring out of a turn.
- Larger boats with displacement hulls and inboard rudders or sterndrive engines not equipped with power steering can create very high steering loads, exceeding the capacity of mechanical systems.
Features of the Teleflex Hydraulic Steering Systems:
- Patented steering lock valves
- Low friction hydraulic steering system
- 4.25 turns from lockto- lock
- Compact helm has only a 4-7/16″
footprint – needs only 3″ dash hole (tilt requires larger hole)
- Optional SeaStar Pro cylinders with longer shaft bushings and even larger pivot bushings for an even more solid feel
- Factory swaged hoses are Kevlar reinforced
- Packaged complete with helm, cylinder, fittings, oil, bleeder kit and detailed instructions
- Standard 3/4″ tapered steering shaft
- Fast, easy installation
- Meets A.B.Y.C standards
- Meets N.M.M.A. certification requirements
- SeaStar Pro is suitable for use with jack plates and performance props
Please enter Engine HP and Engine Make before Ordering!